- Non-Chinese citizens;
- Should be friendly to China, have no criminal record, and abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese government and the rules and regulations of the school;
- In good physical and mental conditions, and with a good record of academic performance and conduct;
- Aspiring to work in the Chinese language education and related fields;
- Aged between 16 and 35 (as of 1 September,2022), with the special allowance for the age limit of 45 for applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers.
SCHOLARSHIP TYPES, COVERAGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
A. Chinese language teacher program
The scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fees, accommodation fees, living allowance (four-week study students excluded) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses (160 CNY for four-week study students; 400 CNY for one-semester students and 800 CNY for one-academic-year students). The living allowance is granted on a monthly basis. The monthly allowance for one-academic-year students and one-semester students is 2,500 CNY per person.
- Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study
The program commences in September 2022, and provides scholarship for a maximum of 11 months. International students who have benefited from similar scholarships are not eligible.
For the area of TCSOL, applicants shall have a minimum score of 270 on the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK test score is required;
For the area of Chinese Language and Literature, applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level);
For the area of Chinese Language Study, applicants shall have a minimum score of 210 on the HSK test (Level 3). Priority will be given to applicants who provide an HSKK test score.
- Scholarship for One-Semester Study
The program commences either in September 2022 or March 2023, and provides scholarship for a maximum of 5 months. Applicants holding the X1 or X2 visa are not eligible.
For the area of TCSOL and Chinese Language and Literature, applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 3) and an HSKK test score is required;
For the area of Taiji Culture, applicants are required to provide HSK test scores. Priority will be given to applicants who provide an HSKK test scores.
- Scholarship for Four-Week Study
The program commences either in July or December, 2022, and provides a four-week scholarship. Applicants holding the X1 or X2 visa are not eligible.
For the areas of Chinese Study and Taiji Culture, applicants are required to provide HSK test scores. The program can be organized and applied for by a recommending institution with 10-15 participants per group. Prior to the trip, a detailed study plan shall be made in consultation with LUT.
B. Scholarship for Online Programs
The scholarship only provides tuition fees.
- Online Program for One-Year Chinese Language Study commences in September 2022 or March 2023. A general Chinese proficiency test score of 180 in HSK (Level 3) is required, and HSKK scores are preferred.
- Online Program for One-Semester Chinese Language Study commences in September 2022 or March 2023. Generally, applicants must have an HSK score (no specific requirements for level or score).
- Online application
Online registration will be available from March 1, 2022 on the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship application website (cis.chinese.cn). applicants should register, fill in the application form and upload required documents.
- Recommendation from recommending institutions
- Confucius Institutes and Confucius classrooms which have been in operation for more than 6 months. For more information, please refer to www.chinese.cn.
- Testing centers for Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) which have the right to recommend Confucius Institute Scholarship candidates. For more information, please refer to www.chinesetest.cn.
- Oversea organizers of Chinese Bridge Competition: education and cultural offices (groups) of China’s oversea embassies (consulates), Confucius Institute and relevant educational institutions. For further information, please consult firstname.lastname@example.org.
LUT will review the eligibility of applicants and go through preliminary enrollment process. CLEC will conduct an overall assessment and grant the scholarship thereafter. Please frequently check emails to track the application progress, comments and results.
- Register at LUT
Scholarship winners need to confirm with LUT to go through the procedures of studying in China and print out scholarship certificate online. Report to LUT according to the time and procedures specified in the admission notice.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINES (BEIJING TIME):
- For programs commencing in July, applicants must complete their applications before 15 April, and recommending institutions must complete reviewing before 25 April.
- For programs commencing in September, applicants must complete their applications before 15 May, and recommending institutions must complete reviewing before 25 May.
- For programs commencing in December, applicants must complete their applications before 15 September, and recommending institutions must complete reviewing before 25 September.
- For programs commencing in March 2023, applicants must complete their applications before 15 November, and recommending institutions must complete reviewing before 25 November.
POLICIES REGARDING CURRENTLY EMPLOYED CHINESE LANGUAGE TEACHERS AND CHINESE BRIDGE AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Currently employed Chinese language teachers:
Currently employed Chinese language teachers applying for the scholarships can be exempted from submitting Chinese Language Proficiency Test (HSK) certificates if they can provide proof of employment and a letter of recommendation from the institution where they work.
- Chinese Bridge Award recipients:
Applicants who have won the 2022 International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship Certificate in various Chinese Bridge competitions should submit their application documents along with their scholarship certificates to LUT on the international Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship website. For further inquiry, please contact email@example.com.
- A scanned copy of passport photo page;
- A scanned copy of score reports of the HSK and HSKK tests (within the two-year validity);
- A reference letter by the head of the recommending institutions;
- Certificate of no criminal record;
- A scanned copy of valid Foreigner Physical Examination Form
*Applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers shall provide proof of employment as well as a reference letter by the employer.
*Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China.
- Enrollment and other matters during the Covid-19 pandemic is subject to the latest notice of the school.
- Students who fail to pass the pre-enrollment medical examination, withdraw from school midway, or fail to report to school or suspend their studies without permission will be disqualified for the scholarship.
School of International Education, Lanzhou University of Technology
Add: 36 Pengjiaping Road, Qilihe District, Lanzhou, Gansu, China